ACEA is an advocate for the automobile industry in Europe, representing manufacturers of passenger cars, vans, trucks and buses with production sites in the EU.
ACEA's mission is to:
- Define and advocate the common interests, policies and positions of the European automobile industry;
- Engage in dialogue with the European institutions and other stakeholders in order to advance understanding of industry-related issues, and to contribute to effective policy and legislation at both European and global levels;
- Act as a portal for expert knowledge on vehicle-related regulation;
- Communicate the role and importance of the industry, using reliable data and information;
- Monitor activities that affect the automobile industry, cooperating with the other stakeholders involved; and
- Undertake strategic reflection on the increasingly global challenges of mobility, sustainability and competitiveness.
The automotive industry is one of the most regulated sectors in Europe. This regulatory framework consists of around 80 EU Directives and over 70 international UNECE regulatory agreements, mostly covering technical issues and standardisation. Through its member companies, ACEA taps into a wealth of technical, regulatory and practical expertise in the following priority fields: