- CO2 Emissions
- Air Quality
- Noise Reduction
- CO2 Emissions
- Fuels & Oils
- Road Safety
- Industry and Economy
- Regulation and Standards
- Intellectual Property
- Research and Development
- Transport and Mobility
- Trucks, Vans and Buses
- ACEA Members
- Production Plants
- EUCAR Website
Commercial vehicles: sharpest downturn ever
Without access to finance and with weak demand for products and services, many businesses hold back on new expenditure on vans, trucks and passenger vehicles. European commercial vehicle makers have called upon the EU and member states to push economic recovery by investing in infrastructure of the future including in sustainable mobility, energy and telecommunications networks, restoring access to finance, driving better regulation and implementing measures to boost fleet renewal.
"This is not a normal cycle," warned Leif Östling, Chairman of the ACEA Commercial Vehicle Manufacturers Board, "we are experiencing the sharpest downturn ever. Governments must act to prevent the failing of viable businesses, and they must do so in a coordinated way."
- 6% of turnover invested in R&D each year
- 250,000 jobs in direct employment
- 1.5 million more in associated industries
- 2.6 million people employed by road transport operators
- Global reputation for safety and environmental progress
Read more about
- Latest figures on commercial vehicle registrations in Europe
- Press relase: Commercial Vehicle CEOs draw attention of Commissioners and MEPs to crisis’ impact on the transport
- Press relase: Commercial vehicle manufacturers: recovery still far away
- The commercial vehicle industry is a key industrial asset for Europe
- The environmental contribution of the commercial vehicles industry
- What has the commercial vehicle industry achieved?
- Fleet renewal schemes for commercial vehicles
Market & Economy
- Diesel Emissions Conference, & Adblue Forum 2013 Europe, 18-20 June 2013. ACEA members get a 20% discount on the registration fee.
Recent and Past Events
- ACEA Annual Transport Policy Event 2012: How Can Policy Reflect Changing Transport Demands? 6 December 2012,Brussels. Click here for more...
- Our Future Mobility Now "Innovation for Europe, Skills for the Future" Roundtable 10 October 2012. Click here for more...