- CO2 Emissions
- Air Quality
- Noise Reduction
- CO2 Emissions
- Fuels & Oils
- Road Safety
- Industry and Economy
- Regulation and Standards
- Intellectual Property
- Research and Development
- Transport and Mobility
- Trucks, Vans and Buses
- ACEA Members
- Production Plants
- EUCAR Website
2011 Annual ACEA transport policy conference
Can Efficiency take the Lead in Transport Policy?
The annual ACEA Transport Policy conference was held on the 1st of December 2011. The core topic was transport, which as the engine of economic growth, increases the standard of living all around the globe. A major challenge for users and providers of transport is to maintain the many benefits of mobility and transportation while limiting the impact on the environment.
The conference debated the impact of the Commission’s White Paper on Transport Policy. This paper has provoked urgent debate and the conference discussed several of the following points:
- How to best increase transport efficiency?
- Do transport modes compete or complement each other?
- Can regulation match market forces in reducing road transport carbon emissions?
- Where is the economic dimension of sustainability in transport policy?
Speakers and Panelists included:
EU Commissioner for Transport
Member of the European Parliament
Director General DG Mobility & Transport
|Daniel Calleja Crespo|
Deputy Director General DG Enterprise & Industry
Chairman European Shippers Council
Chairman ACEA CV Board & CEO IVECO
CEO Daimler Trucks
The discussion was moderated by Professor Alan McKinnon, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
The event had a good turnout, and reaffirmed the sustained importance of the Commercial Vehicle industry in Europe.
- The press release of the event can be found here: CV event Press Release
- Photos of this event can be found here: CV event photos
- Speech by Siim Kallas, European Commission Vice-President and Commissioner for Transport: Keynote Speech, Siim Kallas
- Speech by Alfredo Altavilla, CEO of IVECO trucks and buses: Can efficiency take the lead in transport policy?
- For the presentation given by Professor Mckinnon, please click the link: European Freight Transport Policy
Market & Economy
- Diesel Emissions Conference, & Adblue Forum 2013 Europe, 18-20 June 2013. ACEA members get a 20% discount on the registration fee.
Recent and Past Events
- ACEA Annual Transport Policy Event 2012: How Can Policy Reflect Changing Transport Demands? 6 December 2012,Brussels. Click here for more...
- Our Future Mobility Now "Innovation for Europe, Skills for the Future" Roundtable 10 October 2012. Click here for more...