Please read our 'Frequently Asked Questions About Statistics' below.
If you have any outstanding queries, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When are the next press releases on new registrations due?
- Why do the figures published in the ACEA press releases differ from the ones in the “new vehicle registrations by country and by manufacturer” in the document with consolidated figures?
- When are the new vehicle registrations by country and by manufacturer spreadsheet available?
- What do the vehicle categories reported by ACEA correspond to?
- What does the category “Other” in the ACEA press releases on new passenger cars refer to?
- Where can I find new registrations of passenger cars broken down by brand and model?
- Where can I find new registration figures of passenger cars broken down by brand for each country?
- Where can I find new registration figures of commercial vehicles by manufacturer?
- Where can I find historical registration figures?
- When is the production data updated?
- Where can I find diesel penetration rates?
- Where can I find information about the share of 4x4 in new car registrations?
- Where can I find information about segments and bodies?
- What do the car segments reported correspond to?
- Where can I find the average age of vehicles on the roads?
- Where can I find the number of vehicles on the roads?
- Where can I find information on spare parts?
- Can I use ACEA graphic material?
Every month, ACEA publishes two press releases reporting new passenger car (PC) and commercial vehicle (CV) registrations in Europe, which also contains an update of the previous year’s results. The data published by ACEA for the current year is provisional and provided by national sources. At the end of each month, ACEA publishes on its website the “realisation data”, i.e. an update of the monthly figures. This information is compiled by the Association Auxilliaire de l’Automobile (AAA) and is updated every month for the current year AND the previous year. NB: Due to regular changes in the registration files by the official licensing authorities, ACEA registration data also changes regularly for the current and the previous year’s data. Back to top
The new vehicle registrations by country and by manufacturer spreadsheet are usually updated in the week following the press release on new commercial vehicle registrations. Back to top
PC = Passenger Cars LCV = Light Commercial Vehicles up to 3.5t, also called ‘Vans’ HCV = Heavy Commercial Vehicles over 16t, also called ‘Heavy Trucks’ MHCV = Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles over 3.5t, also called ‘Trucks’ BC = Buses and Coaches over 3.5t Back to top
In the press releases on passenger cars, on pages reporting registrations by manufacturer, the category ‘Other’ does not comprise any specific company but is obtained when subtracting registrations recorded by all identified companies to the total market figure. Back to top
ACEA publishes monthly provisional registration figures by country, by brand but not by model. Back to top
ACEA publishes monthly provisional registration figures by country and by brand but separately. Should you be looking for a break down by brand in each country, please contact the national automobile association of the countries you are interested in. Back to top
You can find them in the consolidated figures, under 'New Vehicle Registrations - by manufacturer' Back to top
They can be found under 'New Vehicle Registrations - by country' and 'New Vehicle Registrations - by manufacturer' Back to top
Small = Segment A + Segment B Lower Medium = Segment C Upper Medium = Segment D Executive = Segment E Back to top
ACEA does not specifically deal with data relative to spare parts. Please contact CLEPA, the Association of Automotive Suppliers. Back to top
All the figures and tables that appear online and in the various ACEA reports can be downloaded for use in presentations, printed materials, and on web sites. Please credit “ACEA” as the source for all figures and tables, unless another source is specified. Back to top