The 2018 European Automotive Forum, organised by FEBIAC with the support of ACEA, will be held on Thursday 18 January 2018.
Urban automobility is changing rapidly, driven by the need for cleaner, smarter and safer ways of getting around in cities. While traditional car manufacturers are moving ahead to deliver exactly those vehicles that suit the needs of their customers, digitalization and changing regulation offer opportunities for new mobility solutions and disruptive business models.
How does the automotive industry respond to this changing environment? Can public authorities balance out the need for mobile yet green and pleasant cities? Which steps must be taken to tackle the transport challenges of the cities of tomorrow? How can new mobility providers contribute to this aim? And what’s the view of the citizens and businesses in all this?
The European Automotive Forum (EAF) is a biannual event benefiting from its unique setting amid the European Motorshow Brussels, close to the beating heart of the European Union. The 2018 edition of the EAF brings European policymakers and decision-makers in urban mobility together to debate the latest issues and developments.
After a successful 2016 EAF on ‘Driving Connected Cars into the Future’, and the well-received 2014 theme that focused on 'What will the European automotive industry look like in 2020?”', this year’s EAF will be dedicated to policy and technological developments in urban mobility, with the rise of connected vehicles, electrification and sharing technologies and business models to increase mobility, sustainability and safety in tomorrow’s cities.
- Henrik Hololei, Director General DG Move, European Commission
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium
- François Bellot, Belgian Minister of Mobility
- Bart De Wever, Mayor of the City of Antwerp
- Pex Langenberg, Vice Major of the City of Rotterdam
- Grégoire Dallemagne, Chief Executive Officer, EDF Luminus
- John Saffret, Chief Operational Officer, ALD International
- Miel Horsten, General Manager, ALD Belgium
- Eric Desomer, Managing Partner EMEA Automotive, Deloitte
- Christophe Stadeler, Head of Automotive Strategy, Facebook
- Thierry Willemarck, Deputy President, FIA
- Anders Berger, Director, Public Affairs, Volvo Group
- Virginie de Chassey, Senior Vice-President Public Affairs ,PSA Group
- Lisa Füting, Senior Project Manager Urban Solutions, Audi AG
- Bernd Gruner, Chairman Working Group Transport, Eurocommerce
- Matthias Maedge, General Delegate EU office, IRU
- Sylvain Haon, Director Knowledge & Membership Services, UITP
- Mauro Morana, Founder & CEO, FlyMETRICS
- Bruno Schröder, Technology Officer, Microsoft Belux
- Tom Antonissen, EU Adviser, AKKA Technologies
- Antonio Perlot, Secretary General, ACEM
- Philippe Dehennin, President, FEBIAC
- Erik Jonnaert, Secretary General, ACEA
- Date: 18 Jan 2018 — 18 Jan 2018
- Time: 9:00 — 17:00
- Address: Brussels Expo, Auditorium 2000, Miramarlaan, Brussels
- Website: http://www.eaf2018.eu