High quality fuels, oils and lubricants are key to making motor vehicles run smoothly and efficiently.
It is impossible to improve the fleet's environmental performance if consumables such as the fuels, oils and diesel emissions fluid are not of the highest quality and do not meet certain minimum standards.
Vehicle manufacturers need to ensure that Europe's vehicles' consumable fluids are ‘fit for purpose’. This means they must:
- Deliver the desired performance,
- Help reduce emissions (tailpipe gaseous and particle emissions and evaporative emission from the fuelling system),
- Must be able to keep engines running cleanly,
- Should not degrade in performance or quality, and
- Ought to meet common standards.