Brussels, 29 January 2019 – The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) announces that Gerrit Marx, the newly-appointed President Commercial and Specialty Vehicles at CNH Industrial, takes on the role of Chairman of ACEA’s Commercial Vehicle Board this year.
This follows a recent structural reorganisation within CNH Industrial and its IVECO brand.
The ACEA Commercial Vehicle Board of Directors is made up of the most senior executives from ACEA's commercial vehicle members. The Board elects a new Chairman for a yearly term.
Notes for editors
- Gerrit Marx joined CNH Industrial and assumed the role of President Commercial and Specialty Vehicles in January 2019. Ad interim he has also been appointed Commercial Director of the IVECO Brand.
- From 1999 to 2007 he worked at McKinsey & Company, focusing on operational improvement programmes in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- In 2007 Mr Marx joined Daimler AG, heading the global controlling function for product (vehicles and powertrain components) and market-entry/merger and acquisition projects across three truck brands.
- In 2009 he moved to China and became President and Chief Executive Officer of Daimler Trucks China, and subsequently was the President of Skoda China with Volkswagen AG.
- Mr Marx joined Bain Capital in 2012. This role also encompassed due diligence and merger and acquisitions activities, and also included interim roles such as Chief Executive Officer of Wittur Group.
- Mr Marx holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from RWTH Aachen University as well as a Doctorate in Business Administration from Cologne University.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 15 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Trucks, IVECO, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- More information can be found on www.acea.be or @ACEA_eu.
- Contact: Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 2 738 73 45 or +32 485 88 66 47.
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.3 million people – or 6.1% of the EU employed population – work directly and indirectly in the sector.
- The 3.4 million jobs in automotive manufacturing represent over 11% of total EU manufacturing employment.
- Motor vehicles account for some €413 billion in tax contributions in the EU15.
- The sector is also a key driver of knowledge and innovation, representing Europe's largest private contributor to R&D, with €54 billion invested annually.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of €90.3 billion for the EU.