Brussels, 17 January 2018 – The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) welcomes Honda Motor Europe as its newest member. Following the approval of ACEA’s Board of Directors last month, Honda’s membership of the trade association took effect on 1 January.
ACEA now represents the 15 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus manufacturers. The other ACEA members are BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford of Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco, Jaguar Land Rover, PSA Group, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Group.
Notes for editors
About the EU automobile industry
- 12.6 million people - or 5.7% of the EU employed population - work in the sector.
- The 3.3 million jobs in automotive manufacturing represent almost 11% of EU manufacturing employment.
- Motor vehicles account for almost €396 billion in tax contributions in the EU15.
- The sector is also a key driver of knowledge and innovation, representing Europe's largest private contributor to R&D, with more than €50 billion invested annually.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of about €90 billion for the EU.
Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 2 738 73 45 or +32 485 88 66 47.