Vans are key players in the logistics chain, enabling the ‘last mile’ delivery of goods in urban areas. Largely used by SMEs as business tools, vans power the European economy, helping businesses to thrive.
- There are some 29 million vans on the EU’s roads today.
- 2.2 million vans were produced in the EU in 2016.
- Diesel vehicles continue to make up the vast majority of new van registrations, making up 96% of sales.
- Some 1.7% of the current van fleet is powered by alternative powertrains.
- European vans are increasingly popular around the world. In 2016, 347,108 vans were exported, worth more than €4 billion.
Discover many other facts and figures about the importance of vans in this fact sheet.