The Manifesto of the Alliance for a Competitive European Industry.
The EU was built on a number of principles that lay a solid foundation for doing business, creating jobs and wealth for Europe’s citizens and the free movement of goods and people. Over the past 20 years, Europe has established a single market, introduced the Euro and enlarged to the East. The Lisbon Treaty now provides us with a strengthened institutional framework to tackle the challenges of globalisation and sustainability. Now, more than ever, Europe’s political leadership needs to ensure that this institutional framework delivers for both citizens and business in Europe.
At time when industry needs a supportive environment to thrive, twelve EU-level associations have allied to encourage European policy makers to build the regulatory and insituational framework that Europe deserves. These associations are:
- The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA)
- BUSINESSEUROPE (The Confederation of European Business)
- The European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- The European Cement Association (CEMBUREAU)
- The Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI)
- The European Apparel and Textile Confederation (EURATEX)
- The Union of the Electricity Industry (EURELECTRIC)
- The European Confederation of Iron and Steel Industries (EUROFER)
- The European Association of Metals (EUROMETAUX)
- FuelsEurope (European Oil Refining and Marketing Industry)
- The European Engineering Industries Association (ORGALIME)