ACEA has published its Economic and Market Report for the first quarter of 2017, with the latest figures on the economy as well as registrations, production and trade of passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
This 31-page Economic and Market Report contains a wealth of information and can be downloaded by clicking here. Some of the report’s key takeaways include:
Passenger car registrations
- In the first quarter, car registrations across Europe increased by 7.2% to 4.7 million units.
- Globally, 19.7 million passenger cars were sold from January to March 2017 (+5.8%).
Diesel’s market share
- In the EU‐15, diesel’s market share fell from 50.2% to 47.3% of total car registrations.
Alternative fuel vehicle registrations
- Demand for alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) grew significantly (+37.6%) to 212,945 units
- Still, AFVs only accounted for 5% of all cars registered during the first three months of 2017.
Passenger car production
- EU passenger car production increased by 2.7% to reach 4.4 million units built.
- Representing 22% of global car production, the EU is the largest producer after China.
Exports of passenger cars
- From January to March, the EU exported about 1.6 million cars worth around €32 billion.
Commercial vehicle registrations
- Commercial vehicle demand expanded by 7.4% to 606,612 new vehicles.
Exports of commercial vehicles
- With a total export value of around €2.7 billion, results were 14.6% higher than in 2016.
If you have any additional questions about this Economic and Market Report, please contact the ACEA Statistics department
This report's information was presumed correct at the time of publication. ACEA is not responsible for any inconsistencies or errors in the data.